Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Insanity Chapter Forty-One


Insanity
Chapter Forty-One
~Chibi Forks~
Day Thirty-Four

Fang took a long sip of tea, enjoying only a moment of peace before the noise and kayos of the coffee shop came over him. Arisa was wolfing down a cinnamon muffin while Blue did what he could to keep their side of the table clean. Alister stared at his cup of coffee, the one that he really didn’t want but was forced on him anyway. Penelope was typing feverishly at her laptop keyboard while her cup of apple cider was getting cold. Shadow and Raven were still asleep in the hotel across the street. Raven was seriously asleep, understandably so because she had to fly the shadowcraft. Shadow just ignored Fang’s several attempts to get him up.
Fang managed to pull through the glances from the people in the coffee shop. Being the secret savior of the world wasn’t worth the glances. Fang glared at a couple of children who were looking at him from over the back of their seats. They stuck their tongues out. Fang raised an eyebrow as he debated with himself on whether or not to shoot at them. He wouldn’t have hurt them, just surprised them enough to leave him alone.
“Shoot,” Penelope said when her computer made a beeping noise. She looked at Fang, “No one knows where Zero’s location is on the web underground. “Wish I could have been some help.”
 Fang shrugged. He didn’t expect that she would find anything anyway. Zero was much too smart for that.
“It’s all right,” he said, “Just enjoy your drink.”
Penelope did as she was told. She slouched back in her chair and sighed loudly. Fang’s gaze shifted back to the two children.
“You might want to back up your laptop into its case,” he said.
Penelope closed her computer, “Why?”
Fang picked up a fork that was discarded by Arisa. He tapped it on the table a few times, testing the balance of it. Fang flipped it once then threw it toward the children’s heads.
The fork lodged into the back wall just inches above the children. They ducked down and started crying. Fang stood up.
“That’s why,” Fang stated and started to walk out the door.
“Seriously, Fang?!” Alister exclaimed, “What kind of a hero are you!”
“The one that won’t be tackled to the ground,” Fang said and the bell above the door rang signaling his exit.
Alister paused as he looked at all the people in the café. A few of the customers were getting up aggressively. Arisa hopped off her chair with Blue right behind her. She walked after Fang.
“I’m going to do a Fang and ditch,” Penelope grabbed her laptop and ran.
“‘Ay! Wait for me, mate!” Alister ran after her.
Fang stood at a corner, waiting to cross. The four frantic wolves ran up to him.
“I’d keep running if I were you,” he stated as a mob of people ran out of the café toward them.
Alister looked exasperated, “Oh, c’mon Fang! Can’t you do something!”
Fang shrugged, “They’re over here!” he raised his voice so the café mod could hear him.
“Seriously?” Penelope questioned.
“You need to work off the calories,” Fang said, “I’ll sent Shadow to find you later.”
The Shadow who is still in bed?
“Yes, that Shadow,” Fang began to walk across the street, “Good luck. I would seriously run now.”
With a joined sigh, the four of then ran down the street.

***

Sage opened the shop doors with the key Undertaker had left him. The shop was dark and still.
“So the two of them really left,” Sage muttered.
He walked in. Sage smiled slightly. It was nice to see that the former Agent was able to find happiness. He constantly wondered why the crazy man wanted to stay in an old pawn shop like this but, whatever floats you boat.
Sage promised himself that he would only stay for an hour. ONE HOUR. No more. Unlike Undertaker, Sage had a real business, a whole organization more like it and couldn’t stay away from it for too long. But Sage saw his time here as a break. Besides, he owed Undertaker at least an hour a day.
He walked behind the desk and sat down in a chair. When he did a child walked in and started to look around the shop. The child picked up a strange looking trinket and ran up to the desk. Sage looked at the strange toy. There was no price on it so he charged fifty cents (there was no way that that toy was worth more than that). The child handed Sage a five dollar bill. Sage opened the cash register.
When he opened the register, he found a letter. He gave the child $4.50 in change and opened the letter. It was written in perfect cursive. Obviously, Reighn was playing secretary. Undertaker’s hand writing was a bunch of lines and loops. No one could make heads or tails of his hand writing. It read:


Dear Sage,
        If you are reading this than that’s good because it would mean that you accepted my request. If you aren’t reading it…well, then I would have made Reighn write this for nothing. Oh well. Anyway, I want to tell you the truth. I’m not going on holiday. Actually, by the time you read this, I’m flying first class on the way to New York in the United States of America. Well, there isn’t a New York anywhere else that I know. Do you know, Reighn? Is there a New York anywhere else? Remind me to Google it sometime. Reighn, you weren’t writing all this are you? ~~~~
Anyway, I’m off to do one last service. You wanted to ask me that night didn’t you? When you sent those men after me? I’ll see what I can do to help Fang and the others out. We’ve been through so much, you know. Of course you know. You probably have a whole file somewhere in the Tower of yours full of our encounters. Wouldn’t that be fun to read Reighn? Oh, don’t write that either.~~~~
I have something for you to remember me by incase I don’t return. It’s in the cashier. Or is it in the desk drawer? Where did I put it, Reighn? The drawer? Well, look in the drawer then. I worked hard on them.
Hopefully, fate will allow us to see each other again. I’ll have quite the tail if I do make it back. Right Reight? I’ll be seeing you Sage. I hope we can meet again.
Sincerely,                       
Undertaker and Reighn
P.S. Before you go back to that Tower of yours, that toy you just sold was actually $1.50. I will be hounding you for the rest (for Reighn’s sake).


Sage out the letter down and opened the drawer. There he found two small stuffed toys. One was a chibi version of the Undertaker and the other one was of Reighn. Sage had to smile. He stuffed them in his pocket, grabbed the shop key, walked out of the shop and locked it. After that, he walked back to that Tower of his and got back to work. There was no way that Undertaker and the others were going to go through this alone.



14 comments:

  1. x.x school is killing my writing time!

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't make the Undertaker die! He's one of my favorites. And if you do...I pray to you, let it be a normal person's natural death. Y'know, passing away in your sleep...
    -Odile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww c'mon! Undertaker isn't nearly old enough to die in his sleep X3.

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  4. normal person? Undertaker is anything but normal XD & if he has to die, I think it should be in a good battle! =D

    by the way, thank you for finding time & post your story, totally love it! n_n sometimes school sucks, but what can we do? just keep moving forward ;)

    ~* Lady Winters

    ReplyDelete
  5. XD We'll just have to see what happens to Undertaker. I haven't even decided yet. It depends on the flow of the story and my mood. (Winter makes me dark and depressing. I need sunlight. I'm like a plant that way.) I'll try to type on sunny days X3.

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going, it's really really really amazing... ^^ Hope chu can post soon... And if Undertaker's going to die soon (hope not) can you at least write one more part about him~ >.< I'm sorry, being childish, but I really love him *~*

    ~Shaddzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. XD I'll see what I can do! I'll dedicate Christmas for him at least, how bout that? X3

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was great can't wait for the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uhhh....I'm caught up. I read nine chapters in one afternoon and then it just ends. WRITE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous:
    Thanks! I will not disappoint X3

    Waterdreamer:
    I've been internet dead! I'm getting there! XD

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwe, what's been going on.... Haven't seen any new parts recently and I'm a really big fan of the Insanity stories.... Pleeease don't tell me it's just going to end here >_<

    ReplyDelete
  12. T.T I know....school's a beeotch!

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete