Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Insanity Chapter Twenty-One

Insanity
Chapter Twenty-One
~My Brain Has Turned To Oatmeal~
Day Twenty

Undertaker lived right above his Pawn Shop. He reclined in bed and sighed. His black rimmed gold eyes scanned the room. It was simple; he didn’t like a really lavish lifestyle even though he could well afford it. He stood up. Underneath all the rags he wore was actually a well-built body. He walked over to a mirror and straightened his hair. The sun was already high in the sky. Undertaker started putting his cloak on when there was a knock at the door.
“Come in, Reighn,” he said.
The door opened and a young man walked in. His eyes were purple and his hair and skin were a pearl color. He wore a white shirt, blue vest and white pants. A gold bell hung from his right wrist. The man bowed his head lightly before walking into the room to help Undertaker dress.
The bell rang.
“Yes, yes, I know,” Undertaker said, “I guess I should have told him. But I did try without saying it out right.”
The bell rang.
“And I’m sorry about that,” Undertaker smiled, “I had to get in one last poke. I didn’t want to have to 'glomp' him so I threw the folder.”
The bell rang.
“Oh, come on, you were wet already. I didn’t make you wetter.”
Reighn walked over to the dresser and picked up the hat. He brushed it a few times before handing it to Undertaker.
“Thank you, Reighn,” Undertaker said, “I’m glad I found you on my last mission.”
The bell rang.
Undertaker placed the hat on his head. He rearranged his hair. With one last look in the mirror, Undertaker smiled that crazy smile.
“Time to get to work,” he said and turned around, “Come one, Reighn. I have a feeling we’ll have guests today.”
He walked out of the room briskly. A Neuw followed him down the little hallway. He walked down a flight of stairs before stopping at a door. Undertaker paused before opening it. He glanced at a clock.
“Looks like it’s later than I thought,” he looked to his right. Reighn sat on its haunches, “You let me sleep in?”
“Yeap,” the creature said.
“Well, I guess it’s time to do my part,” Undertaker smiled, “I love being retired.”
Reighn rolled his eyes. Undertaker opened the door and walked into his shop. His hidden eyes fell on Fang. Shadow wasn’t too far behind. Fang walked up the Undertaker.
“Where’s the folder?” he demanded.
Undertaker paused a moment. He subtly searched though Fang’s mind for facts. Poor little Arisa got kidnapped. Now, he wasn’t expecting that. But while he was searching through Fang’s mind he saw or felt something different. A little light that seemed to be getting brighter, at least it was something that wasn’t there the last time he searched Fang’s mind. He smiled. This was going to be interesting.
“Undertaker! Where is that folder?!” Fang shouted.
“Now, now, no need to get you feathers all ruffled,” Undertaker pushed past him to the large desk, “And to which folder were you referring to?”
“Look, I don’t have any time! Give me the folder or I swear I will shoot you!” Fang was on a short fuse today.
Undertaker narrowed his hidden eyes, “Look, Fang, I know what happened to Arisa is hard but it doesn’t mean you have to chew everyone’s head off,” he reached under the table and pulled out the folder.
“How did you know?” Fang asked.
“I have friends, Fang. A child gets kidnapped in the circus isn’t something that people keep to themselves,” Undertaker said.
Fang barely heard his explanation. He tried to grab at the folder. Undertaker pulled it back, just out of Fang’s reach.
“I’m talking, Fang,” Undertaker’s voice suddenly grew serious, “Don’t let your emotions get all wrapped up in this. Keep your head straight, Fang, and pay attention to the little things.”
Fang was taken slightly aback by Undertaker's tone of voice. Shoot, blew it again. Undertaker smiled.
“Take it from an ex Agent,” his crazy carefree voice returned.
Slowly, Fang nodded and Undertaker released the folder into Fang’s hands. They left quickly. Reighn gave his master a stern look. The bell rang on its tail.
“Sorry, I got a little carried away,” Undertaker smiled.
The bell rang.
“Yes, I might need to check up on things later,” Undertaker nodded.
Reighn rolled his eyes. The bell on his tail rang.
“Oh, shut up,” smiled the Undertaker, “just stick to calculating our profits.”

***
The Mansion

“What do you mean that we aren’t going to do anything!?” Penelope protested.
“I didn’t say we weren’t going to anything,” Fang said as he paced back and forth.
The folder was strewed all over the table. Shadow stood in one corner and stared at the sheets of paper thoughtfully. Raven sat with a worried look on her face. The folder was practically a warning. It was lists upon lists of criminal activities that the police in several governments thought that the circus was involved in. Most of the crimes were kidnappings and were highlighted with a highlighter. That was something that the Tower wouldn’t bother doing. Fang slowly realized that Undertaker was taking it upon himself to warn him before something like this happened. But he had been too stubborn to listen.
Blue sat a little distant from the others. There was a darkness that radiated from him. If the people who did this were in the room, they would never see the light of day again. Fang knew Blue wasn’t going to sit back until he and Arisa were playing again.
“Than what are we doing?” Alister was also getting antsy, he was ready to shoot anyone who knew what happened to Arisa.
Fang paced back and forth. For the first time he didn’t know what to do. He was taken completely off guard by a threat he knew nothing about. His thoughts turned to much the moment he thought he had something. This wasn’t like him. He knew that and he would try to think harder but that only made things worse.
“Earth to Fang! Arisa is probably terrified right now! What’s the plan?” Alister asked, “You say the word an’ we’ll swoop in and rescue her. Just tell up the plan!”
“There is no plan!” Fang shouted.
There was complete silence in the room. Everyone stared at Fang. That only made Fang’s condition worse.
“There just isn’t—I can’t—I mean,” Fang started stammering.
Nothing coming out of his mouth made any sense. Shadow noticed the odd behavior and swooped in. From the corner he crossed the room to Fang’s side. He stood slightly in front of Fang, gaining the attention of the others. Shadow smiled.
“Now, look,” he said, “We’re all a little stressed. But I think we should all calm down. Didn’t they say that they would send demands for Arisa’s release? I’m sure we will find out what they are soon. And when we do we can figure out how to get her back. So for now, I think we should all get some rest. We’ve had quite the day, haven’t we?”
Reluctantly, there were nods of agreement even from Blue. Fang slightly nodded. He still wasn’t quite himself.
“See,” Shadow continued, “We’re all tired. Let’s all get some rest and come back to it tomorrow.”
Blue looked up with a look of disbelief. His mouth seemed to be trying to form words but nothing came out. Strangely, Alister voiced Blue’s words.
“But what about Arisa!?” he shouted and slammed the table.
“Well, Arisa wouldn’t want everyone to stay up nights on end, would she? Wouldn’t she want us to get our rest so we can find her faster with refreshed bodies and minds?”
Shadow looked around and slowly the others saw how he was making sense. But he knew that they needed more than just his words. They needed someone they all looked up to. He looked over his shoulder.
“Wouldn’t you agree, Fang?” Shadow asked.
Fang looked around as if he wasn’t quite sure where he was. He looked at Shadow and saw what he was trying to do. Fang nodded.
“Yeah,” he said slowly at first, “Shadow has a good point. We all need rest. Go to bed. We’ll get together in the morning.”
His voice had found its strength again. The other nodded and reluctantly went to their respected rooms. Everyone except Penelope because her room was still ruined. She slept in Raven’s room temporarily. When they were gone, Shadow turned to Fang.
“You need rest to, you know,” he said.
Fang looked away, “No, I’m fine. I was just a little overwhelmed.”
“Overwhelmed?” Shadow raised an eyebrow, “Overwhelmed is “oh my gosh, I don’t know what to do!” not having a total mental breakdown!”
“Shadow, I said I’m fine!” Fang snapped at him.
“If your fine then I’m Mother Teresa!” Shadow shook his head, “Fang you need rest. I don’t know what’s going on with you but a night’s sleep should get you back on track.”
“I don’t need—”
“You were stammering, Fang! You never stammer! You always know what to say,” Shadow’s voice trailed off in the end.
Fang looked into Shadow’s eyes. There was genuine concern for his well-being. He did feel tired and overwhelmed. Maybe Shadow was right; a night’s sleep would be good for him.
“Fine,” Fang conceded.
He turned around and started to walk to his room when Shadow stopped him.
“We count on you, Fang. If you breakdown like that the rest of us don’t know what to do,” Shadow said.
Fang thought about the words. Shadow had a point. Fang brought them all together therefore it was natural for them to look up to him for help when they needed it. He turned to Shadow.
“I’m glad you covered for me Shadow,” he said quietly.
Shadow smiled, “That’s what I’m here for.”
“Now go to bed,” Fang said as he walked away, “I believe I said that a while ago.”
“Always have to have the last word Fang?” Shadow laughed, “Maybe we can look into that in our next session!”
“Bed, now!” Fang said walked away



4 comments:

  1. gotta love it when shadow and fang have there speacial time XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if they were a family I picture Fang the husband and Shadow the wife. Lol!

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. X3 yeah! I love Fang and Shadow's counseling sessions.

    -Undertaker

    ReplyDelete